SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
We are looking for an experienced leader to oversee operations at our 6 retail coffee bars and our catering program, implementing strategic systems to support our people and our cafes. The Retail Operations Manager is a full-time, salaried position, based in San Francisco.
Lead a team of approximately 50 retail employees, including café managers and baristas, to assure the following:
- Retail café customers are consistently served delicious coffee to our quality and service standards
- Our cafes are profitable and contribute to the sustainability of Ritual and our communities – both locally and globally
- Cafes are clean, beautiful and safe, providing both employees and customers with fun, inclusive environments
- Catering events run smoothly so that customers have positive experiences similar to the experience in a Ritual café
- 5+ years previous experience in cafés, restaurants, or small retail
- 2-3 years successfully managing multiple locations, retail, restaurant or cafe
- Proven experience in developing people into successful and productive leaders
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize on the fly
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and P&Ls, ability to modify financial models a plus
- Availability: on-call, ability to be on site at cafes in order to respond to emergencies, and to adjust schedule to respond to retail cafes needs, early mornings, weekends and some evenings will be expected
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record
COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
Ritual Coffee strongly believes in investing in our people and our culture. The salary for this position is $60,000-$66,000. We offer great benefits including subsidized medical insurance, dental insurance, and commuter benefits. All employees are eligible for paid time off, paid sick days, holidays (paid at time and a half) and a matching 401k plan.
Please send cover letter explaining how you meet each qualification, and resume to email@example.com.
Application deadline: August 17th. Interviews to start August 9th.
No phone calls please.
To set yourself apart, include one or two sentences about a time you coached an employee on how to handle a challenging situation.