We are thrilled to invite you back to Ritual Valencia, starting Thursday morning at 6 am!
Please come check out what we did. It's pretty but it isn't anything without you.
We are currently featuring a show of original drawings and large format prints by artist and writer Paul Madonna to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of his series All Over Coffee.
We can't wait for you to see the new Ritual!
Eileen & the entire Ritual crew
If you like cold-brewed coffee—or good iced coffee drinks—you'll love the elegant Mizudashi Cold Brewer. It’s a cinch to use: Simply place 115 g medium-ground coffee into the mesh filter. Set the mesh filter into the carafe. Add enough cold water through the filter to saturate all the coffee and stir. Add the remaining cold water to the carafe. Secure lid and place in the refrigerator for 12-18 hours. When it's ready, pull the filter out and serve over ice. No need to dilute and clean up is a snap!
We recommend a higher dose of coffee than normal to achieve a brew that will be enjoyable over ice: Around 115 grams of coffee per liter of water has been most enjoyable for us.
Click here it order, or stop by one of our cafes!
Great coffee pics from your favorite cafe! Follow us on Instagram for beautiful shots of coffee, quirky staff pics, and fantastic photos from our coffee producers.
It was ten years ago that we turned 1026 Valencia Street into the Ritual that you know and love. Thanks to the thousands of trips you loyal customers have made to get your morning coffee or settled into one of our comfy couches to cruise OKCupid, Ritual needs a little sprucing up. OK, more than a little. A lot, actually. In the coming weeks you'll see the back of the cafe tucked behind a wall. The coffee bar will remain open. The friendly baristas who know your name and your drink are already getting it started for you.
If you have questions or concerns or brilliant ideas for us, I'd love to hear it. And don't worry, the coffee will still be the best.
P.S. Here's a picture of me serving our very first customer, 7 am May 12th, 2005.
Café Manager – 1026 Valencia
OVERVIEW OF THE ORGANIZATION
Ritual Coffee Roasters is a San Francisco-based coffee roasting company with four retail coffee bars known for outstanding quality at all levels. The mission of Ritual Coffee Roasters is to be a destination for people who love coffee while building a sustainable business and investing in the communities that support us - both locally, and globally. Ritual is a growing, high-energy, fast-paced, collaborative work environment where communication, self-direction, creativity, fun, and the willingness to pitch in wherever needed are highly valued.
The Café Manager works directly with and reports to the Retail Operations Manager. The Manager oversees and manages all aspects of the newly remodeled flagship café in accordance with the vision and mission of Ritual Coffee Roasters. The Manager is expected to have a consistent on-the-floor presence and be an active leader by directing and developing the staff, being a model barista, and providing superlative customer service (approximately 24 hours/ week). Off the floor, the Manager is expected to complete all administrative tasks related to the café (approximately 16 hours/ week). The Manager assumes final operational responsibility for the café and will be considered “on call” to troubleshoot and solve problems. As the café remodel will be complete in mid-late August, the incoming manager will be expected to take ownership over creating and maintaining systems, evaluating workflow, and sharing enthusiasm for coffee with customers and fellow staff.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Participate in and be capable of completing all daily operations of the coffee bar.
- Oversee all café employees: hiring and terminations, performance reviews, job descriptions and responsibilities, training, continuing education and professional development, discipline and commendation.
- Work shifts and maintain an active presence behind the bar.
- Train staff through active, hands-on leadership.
- Continue to identify opportunities for improvement in café operations.
- Complete payroll, scheduling, ordering, cash drawer reconciliation, and sales reporting in a timely, accurate manner.
- Prepare bank deposits, ensure the café always has change, assume responsibility for accurate cash handling.
- Review sales and budgets to address performance and profitability.
- Suggest and implement new initiatives in pursuit of driving quality.
- Cultivate a professional, efficient, and fun work environment.
- Communicate with other relevant departments including the Roastery, the Trainer, Retail Operations Manager, and the Owner.
- Collaborate with Green Coffee Buyer, Training Department, and Coffee Educator to ensure staff is knowledgeable about all of our offerings.
- Continue to develop the coffee education program for staff.
- Be punctual. Ensure all projects and responsibilities are completed in a timely, efficient manner.
- Provide excellent customer service and resolve customer concerns.
- Solve problems proactively and make decisions that benefit the café and company at large.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Excellent communication and teaching skills
- Previous café leadership experience
- Excellent time management skills and ability to self-direct when necessary
- Ability to keep a calm, mature, professional demeanor at all times
- Proactive approach to problem-solving and staff management
- High degree of ethics and obsession with customer service
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Superior leadership capabilities; ability to work well within groups
- Focused perspective on what a high-functioning coffee bar looks like and how to execute that perspective
- A passion for small business and quality products
- Fluent in Microsoft Office and Google Drive products and an enthusiasm for technology
- Be a model barista: display excellent bar skills, coffee knowledge, customer service, and an enthusiasm to share
- Infectious love of coffee
The position is based at 1026 Valencia Street, San Francisco.
Salary dependent on experience. Ritual also offers a benefits package including medical and dental insurance, paid holidays, and vacation pay.
Attention visual artists! Ritual's flagship coffee bar on Valencia is interested in seeing what you create. Our wall space is open to a wide range of possibilities of mediums, styles, and proposals from emerging and practicing artists alike.
For more details, please contact our curator Miles Mattison at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include either a link to your work or a few attached images.