Ritual baristas facilitate experiences that open peoples’ eyes to just how good coffee can be. They connect people to our coffee and to our producers through outstanding service and exacting beverage preparation. Our baristas get to work with dozens of fresh coffees throughout the year that are among the world’s best. They are expected to train continually to improve their skills. Baristas at Ritual are nice, work hard, and know how to have fun.
- Provide excellent customer service in an environment that requires hustle and hyper-awareness of surroundings
- Be striving to exceed Ritual’s standards for awesome coffee beverage preparation
- Be able to talk about all offerings including drinks, beans and brewing equipment
- Be proactive within the coffee bar team to anticipate needs, prevent problems, and maintain smooth operations
- Adhere to all common sense and written policies including but not limited to: cash handling, cafe operations, and scheduling
- Love of coffee
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Stellar communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to keep calm in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented approach to preparing coffee while maintaining ability to multi-task
- Minimum 1 year experience in a customer service position
- Ability to attend sessions at our training lab in SoMa
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 3 shifts a week
- Possession of a current Food Handler’s Card
Please send a cover letter explaining why you want to be a Ritual barista and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are giving away a promotional code to anyone and everyone who wants to buy A Film About Coffee. The code is: RITUAL.
With the code RITUAL, you can go to the website listed below and receive 15% off of the sale price of $12.99!
Buy the film at: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/afilmaboutcoffee
For the second year in a row, we sent six baristas to origin, along with owner Eileen Rinaldi and coffee buyer Steve Ford. They've just returned from visiting Guatemala, seeing ten farms during the harvest and hanging out with our producers. Check out our Instagram feed and #BiP2015 for pictures. We'll be sharing the stories in the Spring when the coffees arrive. In the mean time, visit a Ritual cafe and talk to the baristas about their experiences!
Day of Gluttony just finished shooting in Montreal for episode 4 and is headed to New York for episode 5.
In the meantime, check out our feature in episode 1: San Francisco! Watch here : http://youtu.be/vtu-O6_OHME
OVERVIEW OF THE ORGANIZATION
Ritual Coffee Roasters is a San Francisco-based coffee roasting company with four retail coffee bars. Ritual is known for outstanding quality at all levels. Ritual is a growing, high-energy, fast-paced collaborative work environment where communication, self-direction, creativity, fun, and the willingness to pitch in wherever needed are highly valued.
Mission: Our mission is simple. To make people happy by giving them the best coffee experience they’ve ever had. But just because we’re possessed by coffee, doesn’t mean we expect everyone else to be. For us, it’s all about sharing our great love of coffee in a fun and down-to earth way. We’ll always know our farmers personally, aim for 100% direct trade and hire and take care of the nicest people we can find. Not because it’s the right thing to do, but because we know it makes our kick-ass coffee taste infinitely better.
Since 2005, Ritual has been growing and expanding. We are looking for an organized and enthusiastic Administrative Coordinator to help ensure that our infrastructure is prepared for our continued growth. We are also looking forward to having the Administrative Coordinator handle administrative tasks to enable the owner/ founder to focus on the larger vision for the company.
For more information on Ritual, please visit www.ritualroasters.com.
Ritual is seeking a qualified Administrative Coordinator to join our roastery team and help us maintain and improve our infrastructure. In this role, the Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for administrative tasks associated with operations of the business as a whole. The Administrative Coordinator will report to the owner/founder and work closely with the Roastery team.
· The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for day-to-day bookkeeping, payables, and office management.
· The Admin will also be responsible for human resources, insurance, and benefits.
· Day-to-day administrative functions of the business at large, including processing of employee paperwork, insurance, payroll, answering the phone, and any other issues of the business.
· Overseeing accounts payables and maintaining strong vendor relations. Assist co-workers with transactions such as purchase orders in QuickBooks.
· Banking and Cash Management: Coordinate and resolve any banking issues and balance statements on a monthly basis, including company expense reports.
· Coordinates with wholesale dept. on AR, bookkeeper, owner on day-to-day GL, and payables checks.
· Cross-training with the rest of the wholesale team means ability to take orders, answer customer questions, process payments, create deposits, communicate with Roasting and Production departments.
· Cross-training with Production means ability to help Production pack orders, create shipping labels, track packages.
· Human Resources: Process all necessary documentation for new employees and retiring employees. Maintain HR files and contacts with benefits providers.
· Insurance. Coordinate and prepare annual insurance programs, coordinate with brokers, manage programs including health insurance, business insurance, workers comp, liability and auto insurance.
· Management of company credit cards, phones, office supplies, vehicle fleet, and office management.
· Maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal compliance including health department, State Board of Equalization, EDD etc.
· Working hand in hand with the owner to help move the business forward in its strategic plan.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Administrative experience as an office manager/administrative manager
- Fluency in QuickBooks Pro is essential, Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work in an independent, self-directed environment while at the same time demonstrating a willingness to take strategic direction and work as part of a team
- A passion for small business and quality products
- A high degree of ethics and obsession with customer service and satisfaction
- Interested in participating in coffee education, coffee tastings
- A Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
The position is based in San Francisco.
Commensurate with experience. Ritual also offers a benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, commuter benefits, and sick pay after 60-90 day waiting periods.
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications and a resume to email@example.com. Please no phone calls.
Our cafes will be adjusting their hours for the holidays. Come join us for a quick cup before dashing off to your festivities:
December 18th: Closing at 6PM
Christmas Eve: 12/24: 6AM-5PM
Christmas Day: 12/25: CLOSED
New Years Eve: 6AM-6PM
New Years Day: 8AM-8PM
Jerrold in Flora Grubb Gardens
Chistmas Eve: 8:30AM-2PM
New Years Eve: CLOSED
New Years Day:CLOSED back on Friday 1/2/2015
December 18th: Closing at 6PM
Christmas Eve: 7AM-4PM
Christmas Day: CLOSED
New Years Eve: 7AM-5PM
New Years Day: 8AM-7PM
Oxbow Public Market, Napa
December 18th: Closing at 5PM
Christmas Eve: 7:30AM-5PM
New Years Eve: 7:30AM-5PM
New Years Day: 8:00AM-5PM
**Closed for cleaning days January 12th and 13th