For the second year in a row, we sent six baristas to origin, along with owner Eileen Rinaldi and coffee buyer Steve Ford. They've just returned from visiting Guatemala, seeing ten farms during the harvest and hanging out with our producers. Check out our Instagram feed and #BiP2015 for pictures. We'll be sharing the stories in the Spring when the coffees arrive. In the mean time, visit a Ritual cafe and talk to the baristas about their experiences!
Day of Gluttony just finished shooting in Montreal for episode 4 and is headed to New York for episode 5.
In the meantime, check out our feature in episode 1: San Francisco! Watch here : http://youtu.be/vtu-O6_OHME
OVERVIEW OF THE ORGANIZATION
Ritual Coffee Roasters is a San Francisco-based coffee roasting company with four retail coffee bars. Ritual is known for outstanding quality at all levels. Ritual is a growing, high-energy, fast-paced collaborative work environment where communication, self-direction, creativity, fun, and the willingness to pitch in wherever needed are highly valued.
Mission: Our mission is simple. To make people happy by giving them the best coffee experience they’ve ever had. But just because we’re possessed by coffee, doesn’t mean we expect everyone else to be. For us, it’s all about sharing our great love of coffee in a fun and down-to earth way. We’ll always know our farmers personally, aim for 100% direct trade and hire and take care of the nicest people we can find. Not because it’s the right thing to do, but because we know it makes our kick-ass coffee taste infinitely better.
Since 2005, Ritual has been growing and expanding. We are looking for an organized and enthusiastic Administrative Coordinator to help ensure that our infrastructure is prepared for our continued growth. We are also looking forward to having the Administrative Coordinator handle administrative tasks to enable the owner/ founder to focus on the larger vision for the company.
For more information on Ritual, please visit www.ritualroasters.com.
Ritual is seeking a qualified Administrative Coordinator to join our roastery team and help us maintain and improve our infrastructure. In this role, the Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for administrative tasks associated with operations of the business as a whole. The Administrative Coordinator will report to the owner/founder and work closely with the Roastery team.
· The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for day-to-day bookkeeping, payables, and office management.
· The Admin will also be responsible for human resources, insurance, and benefits.
· Day-to-day administrative functions of the business at large, including processing of employee paperwork, insurance, payroll, answering the phone, and any other issues of the business.
· Overseeing accounts payables and maintaining strong vendor relations. Assist co-workers with transactions such as purchase orders in QuickBooks.
· Banking and Cash Management: Coordinate and resolve any banking issues and balance statements on a monthly basis, including company expense reports.
· Coordinates with wholesale dept. on AR, bookkeeper, owner on day-to-day GL, and payables checks.
· Cross-training with the rest of the wholesale team means ability to take orders, answer customer questions, process payments, create deposits, communicate with Roasting and Production departments.
· Cross-training with Production means ability to help Production pack orders, create shipping labels, track packages.
· Human Resources: Process all necessary documentation for new employees and retiring employees. Maintain HR files and contacts with benefits providers.
· Insurance. Coordinate and prepare annual insurance programs, coordinate with brokers, manage programs including health insurance, business insurance, workers comp, liability and auto insurance.
· Management of company credit cards, phones, office supplies, vehicle fleet, and office management.
· Maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal compliance including health department, State Board of Equalization, EDD etc.
· Working hand in hand with the owner to help move the business forward in its strategic plan.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Administrative experience as an office manager/administrative manager
- Fluency in QuickBooks Pro is essential, Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work in an independent, self-directed environment while at the same time demonstrating a willingness to take strategic direction and work as part of a team
- A passion for small business and quality products
- A high degree of ethics and obsession with customer service and satisfaction
- Interested in participating in coffee education, coffee tastings
- A Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
The position is based in San Francisco.
Commensurate with experience. Ritual also offers a benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, commuter benefits, and sick pay after 60-90 day waiting periods.
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications and a resume to email@example.com. Please no phone calls.
Our cafes will be adjusting their hours for the holidays. Come join us for a quick cup before dashing off to your festivities:
December 18th: Closing at 6PM
Christmas Eve: 12/24: 6AM-5PM
Christmas Day: 12/25: CLOSED
New Years Eve: 6AM-6PM
New Years Day: 8AM-8PM
Jerrold in Flora Grubb Gardens
Chistmas Eve: 8:30AM-2PM
New Years Eve: CLOSED
New Years Day:CLOSED back on Friday 1/2/2015
December 18th: Closing at 6PM
Christmas Eve: 7AM-4PM
Christmas Day: CLOSED
New Years Eve: 7AM-5PM
New Years Day: 8AM-7PM
Oxbow Public Market, Napa
December 18th: Closing at 5PM
Christmas Eve: 7:30AM-5PM
New Years Eve: 7:30AM-5PM
New Years Day: 8:00AM-5PM
**Closed for cleaning days January 12th and 13th
All this week, at all Ritual locations, we will be celebrating the coffees that we source from the Santa Barbara mountains of Honduras. We will be offering coffees from Sebastian Benitez (La Piñona), Santos Alexis Dominguez (Las Manos) and Nelson Ramirez.
We'll also be hosting guest Benjamin Paz of Beneficio San Vicente at a special event this week. On Tuesday November 4th, we'll be taking over the back of our 1024 Valencia St. location for a slide show and Q&A with Mr. Paz and Steve Ford, Ritual's coffee Buyer. The focus will be on the coffee of this region and the ongoing efforts of Beneficio San Vicente to improve quality and facillitate strong relaitonships between producers and roasters. We will also be discussing our recent Baristas In Paradise trip to Honduras, where several members of the Ritual staff travelled to Honduras to meet producers and to see coffee production first hand!
There will be slides, there will be stories, there will be cocktails provided by East Bay Spice Company and beer provided by Speakeasy. The event is free and starts promptly at 6PM. Please joing us!
Lead Barista/ Events Manager for Ritual Coffee
People want to have Ritual Coffee service, complete with Ritual-trained baristas at their events. Can you blame them? No! Of course their wedding, conference, employee appreciation day, or open house should have stellar coffee, with drinks prepared to order.
We are looking for someone to head up the events department, corresponding with event planners and working the events.
The ideal candidate has coffee experience and loves the constant change of scenery that catering provides. You’ve had some admin experience and are comfortable corresponding by email. You can lift 50 lbs.
Hours are flexible, from 20-40/ week.
This position involves brewed coffee and espresso service. Not food.
Here’s the full job description:
OVERVIEW OF THE ORGANIZATION
Ritual Coffee Roasters is a San Francisco-‐based coffee roasting company with four retail coffee bars known for outstanding quality at all levels. The mission of Ritual Coffee Roasters is to be a destination for people who love coffee while building a sustainable business and investing in the communities that support us -‐ both locally, and globally. Ritual is a growing, high-‐energy, fast-‐paced, collaborative work environment where communication, self-direction, creativity, fun, and the willingness to pitch in wherever needed are highly valued.
Our coffee catering services are unique and are part of a quickly growing department that handles all kinds of events - from high-end weddings and conferences to food festivals. The Events Manager develops and maintains good relations with clients and potential clients. The Events Manager is responsible for all correspondence involved in coordinating with event planners, and is expected to work or be on-call for all events. The Events Manager is in charge of scheduling the event staff, including delegating on-site roles of authority. The Events Manager will also oversee the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies inventory.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
• Responds to event inquiries in a timely fashion
• Solicits new business
• Generates and delivers quotes
• Schedules staff for all events
• Oversees all details and logistics of event from set-up, transportation, service, and breakdown of events
• Maintains inventory of event goods and equipment including upkeep, cleaning, and preventive maintenance
• Has a good working knowledge of equipment and functionality- is able to plan events (and event set-up) based on power needs, as well as layout logistics and restraints
• Ensures staff's adherence to operational guidelines and standards, compliance with all safety and security policies, and the proper functioning and maintenance of equipment
• Should have expert level barista skills and ability to deliver high quality beverages
• Outstanding customer service and ability to talk about Ritual
• Identify trends and improve profitability of events and program
Additional responsibilities include:
• Ensure all projects and responsibilities are completed in a timely, efficient manner. Be punctual.
• Handle customer relations with professionalism and tact.
• Proactively solve problems and make decisions that benefit the events program and company at large.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
• Previous event experience a plus
• Fluent in Microsoft Office and Google Drive products and an enthusiasm for technology
• Excellent time management skills and ability to self-direct when necessary
• Ability to keep a calm, mature, professional demeanor at all times
• Ability to communicate our needs as a coffee company with high quality standards to clients of varying backgrounds and experience
• High degree of ethics and obsession with customer service
• High level of organization
• Superior leadership capabilities; ability to work well within groups
• Creative vision to be able to create a functional and beautiful coffee/espresso bar in any location
• A passion for small business and quality products
• Be a model barista: display excellent bar skills, coffee knowledge, customer service, and
an enthusiasm to share
• Infectious love of coffee
• CA Driver's License
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
Compensation based on experience.
Must have flexible availability, hours vary based on season and events
Average 10 hours per week doing administrative and sales tasks, plus 10-30 hours event time. During weeks when there are few events scheduled, time can be made up doing other work, dependent on skills if desired. (20-35 hours per week, dependent on candidate.)
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.