People want to have Ritual Coffee service, complete with Ritual-trained baristas at their events. Can you blame them? No! Of course their wedding, conference, employee appreciation day, or open house should have stellar coffee, with drinks prepared to order.
We are looking for someone to head up the events department, corresponding with event planners and working the events.
The ideal candidate has coffee experience and loves the constant change of scenery that catering provides. You’ve had some admin experience and are comfortable corresponding by email. You can lift 50 lbs.
Hours are flexible, from 20-40/ week.
This position involves brewed coffee and espresso service. Not food.
Here’s the full job description:
OVERVIEW OF THE ORGANIZATION
Ritual Coffee Roasters is a San Francisco-‐based coffee roasting company with four retail coffee bars known for outstanding quality at all levels. The mission of Ritual Coffee Roasters is to be a destination for people who love coffee while building a sustainable business and investing in the communities that support us -‐ both locally, and globally. Ritual is a growing, high-‐energy, fast-‐paced, collaborative work environment where communication, self-direction, creativity, fun, and the willingness to pitch in wherever needed are highly valued.
Our coffee catering services are unique and are part of a quickly growing department that handles all kinds of events - from high-end weddings and conferences to food festivals. The Events Manager develops and maintains good relations with clients and potential clients. The Events Manager is responsible for all correspondence involved in coordinating with event planners, and is expected to work or be on-call for all events. The Events Manager is in charge of scheduling the event staff, including delegating on-site roles of authority. The Events Manager will also oversee the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies inventory.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
• Responds to event inquiries in a timely fashion
• Solicits new business
• Generates and delivers quotes
• Schedules staff for all events
• Oversees all details and logistics of event from set-up, transportation, service, and breakdown of events
• Maintains inventory of event goods and equipment including upkeep, cleaning, and preventive maintenance
• Has a good working knowledge of equipment and functionality- is able to plan events (and event set-up) based on power needs, as well as layout logistics and restraints
• Ensures staff's adherence to operational guidelines and standards, compliance with all safety and security policies, and the proper functioning and maintenance of equipment
• Should have expert level barista skills and ability to deliver high quality beverages
• Outstanding customer service and ability to talk about Ritual
• Identify trends and improve profitability of events and program
Additional responsibilities include:
• Ensure all projects and responsibilities are completed in a timely, efficient manner. Be punctual.
• Handle customer relations with professionalism and tact.
• Proactively solve problems and make decisions that benefit the events program and company at large.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
• Previous event experience a plus
• Fluent in Microsoft Office and Google Drive products and an enthusiasm for technology
• Excellent time management skills and ability to self-direct when necessary
• Ability to keep a calm, mature, professional demeanor at all times
• Ability to communicate our needs as a coffee company with high quality standards to clients of varying backgrounds and experience
• High degree of ethics and obsession with customer service
• High level of organization
• Superior leadership capabilities; ability to work well within groups
• Creative vision to be able to create a functional and beautiful coffee/espresso bar in any location
• A passion for small business and quality products
• Be a model barista: display excellent bar skills, coffee knowledge, customer service, and
an enthusiasm to share
• Infectious love of coffee
• CA Driver's License
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
Compensation based on experience.
Must have flexible availability, hours vary based on season and events
Average 10 hours per week doing administrative and sales tasks, plus 10-30 hours event time. During weeks when there are few events scheduled, time can be made up doing other work, dependent on skills if desired. (20-35 hours per week, dependent on candidate.)
Please email your resume to email@example.com.