We are proud to now offer Aeropress brewed single-origin coffees at our Valencia Street cafe!
That's right folks, come on down to 1026 Valencia,
Mondays to Thursdays, and enjoy expertly made
Aeropress offerings that will knock your socks off.
Currently Brewing: Hacienda Carmona from Guatemala!
All this week, leading up to the incredible Maker Faire event in San Mateo, we will be taking a trip down memory lane with our beloved Sputnik.
This will be the coffee service trailer's last public appearance as the offical mobile outpost of Ritual Coffee Roasters. :(
Stop by Maker Faire to grab some excellent coffee, play with robots, and pay your respects.
Sputnik has given all he could over the last decade, and we want to send him off with a fitting tribute.
We'll have special limited-edition tee shirts, featuring a tribute to Sputnik, available at Maker Faire (while they last!)
Check back every day this week for historic Sputnik photos and stories,
leading up to the de-commissioning party happening all weekend! Get your tickets ASAP http://makerfaire.com/
The talented folks over at Avocados and Coconuts, the people behind A Film About Coffee, shot this awesome video about Ritual. Meet Eileen, the owner, and see a day in her life and hear what she thinks about the power of coffee! Ritual is a Whole Foods Market Local Producer Loan Recipient.
Ritual baristas facilitate experiences that open peoples’ eyes to just how good coffee can be. They connect people to our coffee and to our producers through outstanding service and exacting beverage preparation. Our baristas get to work with dozens of fresh coffees throughout the year that are among the world’s best. They are expected to train continually to improve their skills. Baristas at Ritual are nice, work hard, and know how to have fun.
- Provide excellent customer service in an environment that requires hustle and hyper-awareness of surroundings
- Be striving to exceed Ritual’s standards for awesome coffee beverage preparation
- Be able to talk about all offerings including drinks, beans and brewing equipment
- Be proactive within the coffee bar team to anticipate needs, prevent problems, and maintain smooth operations
- Adhere to all common sense and written policies including but not limited to: cash handling, cafe operations, and scheduling
- Love of coffee
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Stellar communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to keep calm in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented approach to preparing coffee while maintaining ability to multi-task
- Minimum 1 year experience in a customer service position
- Ability to attend sessions at our training lab in SoMa
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 3 shifts a week
- Possession of a current Food Handler’s Card
Please send a cover letter explaining why you want to be a Ritual barista and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are giving away a promotional code to anyone and everyone who wants to buy A Film About Coffee. The code is: RITUAL.
With the code RITUAL, you can go to the website listed below and receive 15% off of the sale price of $12.99!
Buy the film at: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/afilmaboutcoffee