Ritual baristas facilitate experiences that open peoples’ eyes to just how good coffee can be. They connect people to our coffee and to our producers through outstanding service and exacting beverage preparation. Our baristas get to work with dozens of fresh coffees throughout the year that are among the world’s best. They are expected to train continually to improve their skills. Baristas at Ritual are nice, work hard, and know how to have fun.
- Provide excellent customer service in an environment that requires hustle and hyper-awareness of surroundings
- Be striving to exceed Ritual’s standards for awesome coffee beverage preparation
- Be able to talk about all offerings including drinks, beans and brewing equipment
- Be proactive within the coffee bar team to anticipate needs, prevent problems, and maintain smooth operations
- Adhere to all common sense and written policies including but not limited to: cash handling, cafe operations, and scheduling
- Love of coffee
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Stellar communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to keep calm in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented approach to preparing coffee while maintaining ability to multi-task
- Minimum 1 year experience in a customer service position
- Ability to attend sessions at our training lab in SoMa
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 3 shifts a week
- Possession of a current Food Handler’s Card
Bring a resume to 1026 Valencia Street or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come join the expert crew at our Hayes Valley Proxy location, and delight in what we call "Container Life"!
Click the link below to check out the job description:
There is a mystery behind the metallic luster in Marie Porterfield Barry’s lines. A child of the Appalachian Mountains, her works exude geologic time through seductive figures that carry a strange familiarity. Each drawing drifts towards you with an arresting gaze. Polycephalous forms call for a second glance. What appeared simple reveals a richness beckoned forth by every detail. What began as a portrait ends as a relationship, the viewer suspended in a fleeting vision, eager to return.
Hello ETC is pleased to present Nimbus at Ritual Coffee Roasters. Twenty five works from UK based artist Marie Porterfield Barry will be on view from August 21 through Oct 21. For more info visit www.helloetc.com or email us at email@example.com.
Image title: "When the City Met the Wilderness", Ink and acrylic on paper.
Did you know that a bite from a Grizzly Bear is strong enough to crush a bowling ball?! Or that the California Grizzly is one of the few bears that doesn't have to hibernate?
We learned all this nifty info, and more, whilst researching our next seasonal espresso!
And so, in the spirit of big bears, state flowers, and our pursuit for the golden cup, we present our newest seasonal espresso blend: Ursa Major.
Dip your cup into this overwhelmingly summer-like espresso. A combination of complex floral aromas, berry & citrus acidity, and brown sugar sweetness, this espresso features three distinct coffees that come together in a way that reminds us of a fresh fruit pie cooling on the windowsill. Get it before the bears do!
Read the full story here: http://www.ritualroasters.com/store/seasonal-espresso/
Coming soon to all Ritual locations!
It seems like cold-brewed coffee is all the rage these days. And why not? The sun is out, and we're all looking for a summer refresher that also puts some pep in the step.
The absolute best cold brews that we've tried were made with this humble Japanese appurtenanace - The Mizudashi Cold Brew Coffee Pot. It takes all the mess and fuss out of the cold brewing process, and sits comfortably in the fridge, always at the ready. The super-special fine mesh screen is the secret weapon on this tempered glass beauty, and requires nothing else. Add coffee, add water, brew overnight, repeat all summer.
You can pick one up in any of our stores, or get one online here: http://www.ritualroasters.com/store/coldbrew/
Oh, and be sure to take a gander at our foolproof brew guide made especially for the Mizudashi! http://www.ritualroasters.com/brew-guide/
Check out this great article (with photographs) by Katrina Ohstrom,
spotlighting Ritual Coffee and our impact on the third-wave coffee movement!