Ritual Coffee Roasters, San Francisco, CA
OVERVIEW OF THE ORGANIZATION
Ritual Coffee Roasters is a San Francisco-‐based coffee roasting company with four retail coffee bars known for outstanding quality at all levels. The mission of Ritual Coffee Roasters is to be a destination for people who love coffee while building a sustainable business and investing in the communities that support us -‐ both locally, and globally. Ritual is a growing, high-‐energy, fast-‐paced, collaborative work environment where communication, self-‐direction, creativity, fun, and the willingness to pitch in wherever needed are highly valued.
Our catering services are unique and are part of a quickly growing department that handles all kinds of events - from food festivals to high-end weddings and parties to tech conferences and small office meetings. The Catering Manager works with and reports directly to the owner. The Catering Manager oversees and manages all aspects of the catering program in accordance with the vision and mission of Ritual Coffee Roasters. The Catering Manager develops and maintains good relations with clients and potential clients. The Catering Manager will have scheduled time at the roastery, and is expected to be on-call for all events. The Catering Manager is in charge of scheduling the event staff, including delegating on-site roles of authority. The Catering Manager will also oversee the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies inventory.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
• Responds to event inquiries in a timely fashion
• Solicits new business
• Generates and delivers quotes
• Schedules staff for all events
• Oversees all details and logistics of event from set-up, transportation, service, and breakdown of events
• Maintains inventory of catering goods and equipment including upkeep, cleaning, and preventive maintenance
• Has a good working knowledge of equipment and functionality- is able to plan events (and event set-up) based on power needs, as well as layout logistics and restraints
• Ensures staff's adherence to operational guidelines and standards, compliance with all safety and security policies, and the proper functioning and maintenance of equipment
• Should have expert level barista skills and ability to deliver high quality beverages
• Outstanding customer service and ability to talk about Ritual
• Identify trends and improve profitability of catering events and program
Additional responsibilities include:
• Ensure all projects and responsibilities are completed in a timely, efficient manner. Be punctual.
• Handle customer relations with professionalism and tact.
• Proactively solve problems and make decisions that benefit the catering program and company at large.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
• Previous catering experience a plus
• Fluent in Microsoft Office and Google Drive products and an enthusiasm for technology
• Excellent time management skills and ability to self-direct when necessary
• Ability to keep a calm, mature, professional demeanor at all times
• Ability to communicate our needs as a coffee company with high quality standards to clients of varying backgrounds and experience
• High degree of ethics and obsession with customer service
• High level of organization
• Superior leadership capabilities; ability to work well within groups
• Creative vision to be able to create a functional and beautiful coffee/espresso bar in any location
• A passion for small business and quality products
• Be a model barista: display excellent bar skills, coffee knowledge, customer service, and
an enthusiasm to share
• Infectious love of coffee
• CA Driver's License
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
Compensation based on experience.
Must have flexible availability, hours vary based on season and events
Average 10 hours per week doing administrative and sales tasks, plus 10-30 hours event time. During weeks when there are few events scheduled, time can be made up doing other work, dependent on skills. (35 hours per week average)
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We are proud to present, in conjunction with ArtSpan, work by artists Barry Ebner, Paul Van Glenn, and Ariel Gold as part of this year’s Open Studios program. With studios both in the Mission and Bayview, spanning mediums from monotype, painting, color pencil drawing, these artists represent the great talent our creative city houses.
We will be hosting an artist’s reception on November 6th from 5-7pm. The work will be hanging at our flag ship store at 1026 Valencia St from October 29th through the first week of December. Please join us!
For more information about Open Studios, please visit artspan.org or pick up a guide at any Open Studios Hub, including our cafe at 1026 Valencia St. For inquiries of sale or otherwise, please contact the curator, Miles Mattison, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We were recently featured on Sprudge! Take a look at the article and photos of the new space here:
We are looking for a full-time, passionate, and outgoing barista to serve the community of the Bayview. Resumes are currently being accepted at the the Ritual in Flora Grubb Gardens or at email@example.com.
Artist and writer Paul Madonna returns to Ritual with a show of original drawings and large format prints to celebrate the tenth anniversary of his series All Over Coffee.
Paul Madonna writes and draws All Over Coffee, the weekly series published in the San Francisco Chronicle and on theRumpus.net. Paul is the author of two books, All Over Coffee (City Lights 2007), and Everything is its own reward (City Lights 2011), which won the 2011 NCBR Recognition Award for Best Book. Paul's work has been published internationally in numerous books and magazines, exhibited in galleries and museums, including the Contemporary Jewish Museum in San Francisco and the Oakland Museum of California, and printed as large scale murals for Tacolicious restaurants and Starbucks. He is the Comics Editor for TheRumpus.net, has taught drawing at the University of San Francisco, and frequently lectures on creative practice. He holds a BFA from Carnegie Mellon University, and was the first (ever!) Art Intern at MAD Magazine, for which he proudly received no money. Paul travels internationally to draw and write, and currently lives in San Francisco. Find more at: paulmadonna.com
We are thrilled to invite you back to Ritual Valencia, starting Thursday morning at 6 am!
Please come check out what we did. It's pretty but it isn't anything without you.
We are currently featuring a show of original drawings and large format prints by artist and writer Paul Madonna to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of his series All Over Coffee.
We can't wait for you to see the new Ritual!
Eileen & the entire Ritual crew