Ritual Coffee Roasters
OVERVIEW OF THE ORGANIZATION
Ritual Coffee Roasters is a San Francisco-based coffee roasting company with four retail coffee bars. Ritual is known for outstanding quality at all levels. The mission of Ritual Coffee Roasters is to be a destination for people who love coffee while building a sustainable business and investing in the communities that support us, both locally and globally. Ritual is a growing, high-energy, fast-paced collaborative work environment where communication, self-direction, creativity, fun, and the willingness to pitch in wherever needed are highly valued.
Since 2005, Ritual has been growing and expanding. In order to increase our level of customer service and quality as we continue to grow, we are looking for an organized and enthusiastic Accounting Administrator to help ensure that our infrastructure is prepared. We are also looking forward to having the Accounting Administrator handle administrative tasks to enable the owner/ founder to focus on the larger vision for the company.
For more information on Ritual, please visit www.ritualroasters.com.
Ritual is seeking a qualified Accounting Administrator to join our roastery team and help us maintain and improve our infrastructure. In this role, the Accounting Administrator will be responsible for administrative tasks associated with operations of the business as a whole. The Accounting Administrator will report to the owner/founder and work closely with the Roastery team.
· The Accounting Administrator will be responsible for day-to-day bookkeeping, payables, and office management.
· The Admin will also be responsible for human resources, insurance, and benefits.
· Day-to-day administrative functions of the business at large, including processing of employee paperwork, insurance, payroll, answering the phone, and any other issues of the business.
· Overseeing accounts payables and maintaining strong vendor relations. Assist co-workers with transactions such as purchase orders in QuickBooks.
· Banking and Cash Management: Coordinate and resolve any banking issues and balance statements on a monthly basis, including company expense reports.
· Coordinates with wholesale dept. on AR, bookkeeper, owner on day-to-day GL, and payables checks.
· Cross-training with the rest of the wholesale team means ability to take orders, answer customer questions, process payments, create deposits, communicate with Roasting and Production departments.
· Cross-training with Production means ability to help Production pack orders, create shipping labels, track packages.
· Human Resources: Process all necessary documentation for new employees and retiring employees. Maintain HR files and contacts with benefits providers.
· Insurance. Coordinate and prepare annual insurance programs, coordinate with brokers, manage programs including health insurance, business insurance, workers comp, liability and auto insurance.
· Management of company credit cards, phones, office supplies, vehicle fleet, and office management.
· Maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal compliance including health department, State Board of Equalization, EDD etc.
· Working hand in hand with the owner to help move the business forward in its strategic plan.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Administrative experience as an office manager/administrative manager
- Fluency in QuickBooks Pro is essential, Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work in an independent, self-directed environment while at the same time demonstrating a willingness to take strategic direction and work as part of a team
- A passion for small business and quality products
- A high degree of ethics and obsession with customer service and satisfaction
- Interested in participating in coffee education, coffee tastings
- A Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and In Design a plus
The position is based in San Francisco.
Commensurate with experience. Ritual also offers a benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, commuter benefits, and sick pay after 3 months.
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.
Of course we love it, but check out what Zagat is saying about La Libertad:
The Drink: La Libertad V-60 pour-over at Ritual Coffee Roasters at Proxy
The Price: $4
Why it’s amazing: There’s nothing static on this cult roasters arsenal, including it’s famous “Sweet Tooth” offering, that showcases a different single-original espresso each month, found at all it’s locations. But Emily Dobies, manager of Ritual’s shipping container-turned-espresso bar at Hayes Valley’s Proxy project, is particularly jazzed about the return of La Libertad, an organic blend from Equador that’s a blend of 18 small producers in the small village of the same name. The coffee is best described as bright and floral, with flavors of chrysanthemum, dried apricot and McIntosh apple.
Perfect Pairing: Black Jet Baking Company's apple galette accentuates the coffee’s inherent apple undertones.
Know Before You Go: La Libertad is available at all the Ritual branches, but the presentation is the prettiest at the shop in Hayes Valley, where it is served in a ceramic carafe and cup and arrives on a wooden tray. Just be sure to bring a jacket; the Hayes Valley branch is entirely alfresco.
Our baristas Chris Casassa and Jesse Gonzalez competed in the Big Western Regional Barista Competition last weekend and made us proud! A big thanks to everyone who made the trip to support us and to our baristas for bringing their fantastic skills to the event.
Chris is moving on to The National Barista Competition in Seattle on April 24th, so stay tuned for more Ritual news!
Coffee Route Sales Specialist
The Route Sales Specialist/Delivery Driver position will work directly with the Production Manager and Wholesale Team. This position is primarily based around a daily (M-F) delivery schedule. In addition to daily deliveries, there will be work to be completed inside the roastery, i.e. dosing out tea/chocolate, helping pack coffee, possible other side tasks if time allows in the day. This is a full-time position.
The daily delivery job will include delivering roasted coffee to our wholesale and retail accounts, unloading and stocking product as needed, maintaining great communication with accounts, increasing sales in current accounts, organizing sales leads and communicating to Sales Manager for follow up, ensuring our brand is well represented, achieving monthly distribution goals, and weekly/monthly maintenance of the delivery vehicles.
There will be occasional changes in the delivery schedule, i.e. making a green coffee pickup, swapping delivery routes with other delivery drivers, starting deliveries later/earlier to suit the needs of our accounts, assisting in transferring product from one Ritual location to another, etc.
This position includes, but is not limited to:
- - Acting as the main point of contact between our customers and our company
- - Delivering Tues-Fri to San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley, and surrounding East bay areas, parts of the Peninsula and San Jose.
- - Collecting money and filing all completed invoices upon returning from deliveries. Putting away any bins or boxes that came back from delivering.
- - Relaying any important customer/account information to Production Manager and/or department lead(s) affected.
- - Operating vehicles in a safe and responsible manner.
◼Clean driving record
◼ Valid DL and Insurance
◼ Excellent time management
◼ Knowledge of San Francisco and East Bay streets a plus
◼ Able to lift 50 lbs
◼ Ability to take direction and change daily routine if needed crucial
◼Attention to detail and multitasking
◼Capable of working in an independent,
◼Willingness to work as part of a team with all departments
◼Obsession with Customer Service and Satisfaction
◼Willingness and ability to learn
◼ Dependable attendance history
◼A passion for small business and quality products
◼Thorough knowledge of the specialty coffee industry a plus
◼ Strong organizational skills
◼ Fluency in QuickBooks Pro and the Microsoft Office Suite a plus
Monday - Friday and some weekends as needed.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only resumes with complete cover letters will be considered.
It has been almost nine years since Ritual opened on Valencia Street. We’ve spent the better part of a decade serving the most amazing coffees we can find, in a space that has come to feel like home. The time has come to improve upon what we have created. Very soon, our Valencia Street location will go under construction to become an even better version of what we are now.
Don’t worry! We’ll still be at 1026 Valencia during the remodel serving fantastic coffee and espresso. We’ll also have all sorts of special fun things going on during this transition period, so be sure to come by for some coffee and check it out!